My beautiful grandbabies

My beautiful grandbabies
Easter 2015

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cute Thread caddy

I came up with this because of the buttons. I saw them at Walmart and thought they were so darn cute.
When I was putting together my sewing room (pics of room in another post, check it out). I needed something to do with those large spools of thread (the ones for sergers).




Had my wonderful hubby cut a piece of 2x6 board (he rotered off the edges, so sweet) and drill holes to fit dowel rods, which he cut to size for me.



I used some plastic tubing from the hardware store, in the plumbing department. (Take the dowel with you to fit the tubing. should be snug fit).



Cut the tubing to small pieces and hot glue on the buttons.
Slip them in place and they hold you spools. Look much more cute than the plain janes you can buy and cost was cheap.

Used some picture hangers on the back and hung it on my peg board.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! My husband made a similar one for all of my bobbins. I might add button toppers so I can hang it rather than having it flat on my sewing table. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever and pretty all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete